Old Dogs

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The other half and I watched Old Dogs last night. We both haven't laughed that hard since, well, The Hangover! I would definetly recommend this one for the library, and for anyone, although the over 40 crowd will appreciate the humor alot more, thany say teens.
It got me to thinking about friendship. I lost alot of my friends because they just didn't understand, or want to even take the time to try to understand so many different things going on in my life. I lost alot of my friends when I went through my divorce. At a time when I needed them most, was the time they *poof* scattered. I know many just didn't know what to say. My divorce was pretty messy...but I managed to stand by them when they had gone through their messes. Then, there was the fibromyalgia, wow, that wiped out quite a few too- again, they just didn't even want to try to understand that hey, something was wrong. Looking back now, I see that pure, plain and simple- I couldn't do anything for them so again *poof* there they went.
What I am getting at...It's so rare to find a friend that will stick with you through it all...for years...for decades...for life! If you have been blessed with such a friend, call them up and tell them you love them, right now, no excuses- no reasons, just "because", just for being them...but most of all, for loving you.
I am now cultivating friendships and I am praying that years from now I can look back and say "yes, I have been blessed with such friends".
Old Dogs (Single Disc Widescreen)
The Hangover (R-Rated Single-Disc Edition)

1 comments:

freakdujour said...

I loved the Penguins scene in that movie!