Mark Twain's 100th Anniversary

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today marks the 100th Anniversary of Mark Twain's death. I have gone to his quotes many time for inspiration and here are some of them...

"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. "(Helped me through many things...including my divorce
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

"What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce."
"Humor is mankind's greatest blessing. "
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
And those are just a few as I do collect quotes, which I will be posting those as well. So, thank you Mark, for all your wisdom and talent that stays with us after all this time and will continue to be passed down.
Mark Twain: 2008 Quote-A-Day Calendar

I have some odds and ends to tie up before posting my review and giveaway later today...I can't wait! This blogging is so much fun- and I anow getting int Twittering, tweeting and that world. Hear that Universe? I NEED that laptop!?
Ok, so onward with the day. I am starting to hurt, looks like rain, but pfffft- I say.
Time to laugh and post a funny!

0 comments: