Happy Friday!

Friday, March 12, 2010

I didn't feel well the past couple of days...so I didn't post and for that, I apologize. But...
I am a "gatherer"- that's such a nicer word instead of "packrat". I am the one that holds onto magazines just in case. But, in my defense, I do decoupage' and collages, so the magazines do come in handy.
Along with the art and pictures, I also gather tidbits of information, and that information I will passing onto you. I hope you find it as useful as I do.
I have fibromyalgia and ever since I started feeling the symptoms I have been seeking out knowledge about it. I believe knowledge is power, and I want to be proactive with this instead of just sitting around and bemoaning it. I love helping others too, can you tell? In researching that info, I have found other info that's been very helpful. I will be writing about that as well.
So, I want to ask...how do you all start your day? It's so important to start it on a good note.
Here's what I do.
The very first thing, before my feet even hit the floor, I thank God for this life that He has given me. I then go into everything I am thankful for. When I do this, it makes anything that I have to face or deal with seem small compared to what I have. It's all a matter of attitude...I do admit, sometimes the pain of the fibromyalgia gets to me and if I feel that it's affecting my attitude, then I just pretty much keep to myself.

One last thing for this post, and this is important. Please just take a moment and sign up for this event on Facebook Fibromyalgia Awareness Day and while you are it, take a moment or two to read about it. The more people that are aware , the more things will be done. The research has come a long way from when I was diagnosed. The thing we FMR's need the most is understanding and compassion. Please pass the link on too.
Ok, so now I am off to find all the goodies just waiting to be snatched up. I will be back all day to post them so stay tuned...

0 comments: