In praise of local farmers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I have been looking for information on local...everything. I thought I would share my findings, just in case some of you are wondering the same things.
We moved to this area last year and I am learning about the surrounding areas now. The Amish areas are amazing! I can just sit and watch the kids play- they are so at peace- even while playing! There is so much teamwork, no complaining, and everyone does a little bit, yielding such much in the end.
We have a lot to learn from the Amish...but I am disgressing here (and this will be a subject for a different post).
You may ask "why buy local?"
Why Locally Grown?
People worldwide are rediscovering the benefits of buying local food. It is fresher than anything in the supermarket and that means it is tastier and more nutritious. It is also good for your local economy--buying directly from family farmers helps them stay in business.






I found this link...and I am searching for more.
I hope this helps you, as it has helped me.
Local Harvest

This site has alot on there...check it out and support your local farmers and businesses! Stay tuned for more links like this. I have been on this site for a few hours!





2 comments:

Angie B said...

i agree. I'm a advocate of buying locally when able to also. We have a local farmers market in the summer which is good. I found you on The Product Review Place. I'm now following via gfc, networked blogs, and twitter (@angiewith3)
Stop by when you get a chance: http://angiewith2.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

i love this post! We only buy local produce at my house! I am now following you, found you through the product review place! Nice to "meet" you! Great blog!