I did my time...

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I have been gathering things and adding things to the blog, and just NOW noticed that I haven't even posted?! Eeeks. It's one of those "I have been meaning to do things"...
I have been enjoying the weather, even though it's been rainy and windy, hey, it's not snow! Now, the little ones are starting to come out and play. The other day my little chipmunk came back, this time with two little ones in tow. She showed me, then promptly went and got stuck in a piece of siding that the young ones found a tiny corner to play with. The little ones were having a ball watching Mom struggle and squirm trying to get out. Of course, that just made me want to go and thunk them on the head...isn't that just like life though? Ahhhh, I will be nice. I did my time...My "little one" is in another state and Mom isn't there to get stuck helping her out now...nor can she laugh while I struggle...I love her and it's just time that she learns all that life has to teach. In loving, I have learned, and this is the hardest part- you have to let go, not all the way, just enough, so they learn...
So...I got Mom free, with food of course (a peanut) and gingerly lifted the corner up. Then it started to rain. Mama looked into the sliding glass doors as if "please let me in", while looking over her shoulder at the little ones swinging off the birdfeeder in the pouring rain. She would look at them, then look at me, look back at them, then look at me.
I laughed and said "Oh nooooo honey, I did my time, just wait until they are teenagers"!

0 comments: